TOP 10: What to consider when choosing a ring?
1. Engagement and wedding rings in rings do not have any absolute rule that the rings must be of the same style, but it is of course nice to pair in some way with uniform shapes, features or material choices.
2. When buying a valuable ring, get a little familiar with the materials and what the price of the ring consists of. For example, how different diamond grades and gold content affect the final price.
3. Carefully check that the ring is the correct size. Use gauge rings or an existing ring to determine the size of the ring. The ring should not squeeze in your finger so that the assembler feels like you would want to take it off your finger. Too large, on the other hand, causes the ring to rotate or feel like it is running off the finger. Finger size may vary even during the same day. Most often in the evening the fingers are usually swollen, as is hot air.
4. Choose a ring that looks and style your self, that is, reflects your own personality.
5. Choose rings with your spouse that have something in common that connects. Eg material, pattern, shape.
6. Think about what kind of everyday use the ring is in and consider practicality and durability in your daily use.
7. Choose a ring that is not just a momentary trend, but takes time and you will fall in love with it over and over again.
8. Spend enough time selecting the ring. Start looking for a ring long enough before the wedding to avoid rushing and to have time to make, engrave, and make sure the size is good.
9. The ring is expected to last a long time. Therefore, invest in quality in both the materials and the finish of the ring.
10. Prefer domestic crafts.
How to choose a right metal to my ring?
18 carat gold, or 750 per mille, contains the most pure gold (75%) of the alloys commonly used in Finland, ie it is more noble and cleaner than lower alloys. Because an 18-carat alloy contains more specific gravity gold, it is heavier and more valuable than lower-alloy alloys. 18-carat gold is generally preferred, for example, in precious diamond rings that require demanding planting work, where its soft and noble nature comes into its own and facilitates machining.
9 carat or 375 ppm gold contains 37.5% fine gold and its other alloying elements are silver, copper and zinc. 9 carat gold is a fairly new acquaintance in Finland, it has long been widely used abroad due to its cheaper price. The lightweight and durable 9 carat alloy is especially suitable for engagement rings, wide and heavy gold rings and more affordable diamond rings. 9 carat gold should be considered a viable option if you want a more eye-catching ring on a smaller budget.
Platinum is an off-white, very dense and tough metal. Platinum, like any other, is the noblest of the metals. It resembles rhodium-plated white gold, but is more durable than white gold. In jewelery, it is used almost pure, the jewelery alloy has a content of 950 per mille, ie 95% of the alloy is pure platinum. In the alloy we use, the remaining 5% of the alloy is fine gold. Casting and machining platinum is more challenging than machining gold because of its hardness and high melting point. Due to this and the higher specific gravity of platinum alloyed gold, platinum products are more expensive than similar gold products. Platinum is mostly used to make more expensive jewelry such as luxury engagement and diamond rings.
How do I choose the right diamond quality for my rings?